BOOK YOUR HEAD LICE TREATMENT
Find us now
Click here for directions
Order your Prescription
BOOK YOUR VACCINATION
Available for patients aged 5+ years
Email us now
Fax us now
03 9532 8478
Call us now
03 9528 5127
355 Glen Huntly Road, Elsternwick, VIC, 3185
Upload your prescription
Head Lice Clinics
You're not alone!
The team at Advantage Pharmacy Elsternwick are here to help!
What is the link between Hayfever and Asthma?
Asthma and hayfever (allergic rhinitis) are closely connected - around 4 out of 5 people with asthma have allergic rhinitis. The cells lining the nasal passages are the same type found lining the airways of the lungs. The nose is considered the 'gatekeeper' to the lungs, so anything that causes inflammation in the nose can cause inflammation in the lungs and vice versa.
Having effective treatment for both the nose and lungs, and being well-informed and prepared for the start of spring can make dealing with these seasonal conditions a lot more manageable.
Read our tips for managing your allegies and asthma below.
* Use a spacer with suitable asthma puffers. Spacers can increase the amount of medicine reaching the lungs by up to 90%.* Around 9 in 10 people with asthma don't use their devices correctly, so ask for an inhaler technique review with one of our pharmacists.
* Around 9 in 10 people with asthma don't use their devices correctly, so ask for an inhaler technique review with one of our pharmacists.
* Avoid exposure to allergens/triggers where possible. These can include pollen, animal danders, dust mites and mould.
* Flush your nasal passages with a gentle saline solution regularly to clear out allergens and reduce the chance of experiencing symptoms of both hayfever and asthma.
* Clear nasal passages with saline spray about 10-15 minutes prior to using a medicated nasal spray to improve the effectiveness of the medicated spray. Ask the team at Advantage Pharmacy Elsternwick for a suitable recommendation.
Where to locate us
Advantage Pharmacy Elsternwick
Fax us now